Patients will ask more about "relaxation drinks"....
Table of Contents
- new ACC/AHA cholesterol guidelines that focus MORE on statins...LESS on non-statins...and ABANDON LDL goals
- controversy about the NEW cardiovascular risk calculator
- more focus on improving management of COPD in an effort to reduce hospital admissions
- Endocrinologists are now releasing their own Choosing Wisely list of top practices to question when treating endocrine disorders
- The Avandia (rosiglitazone) debate will heat up again now that FDA will loosen its restrictions
- Sliding scale insulin is still giving patients a ride on the blood glucose roller coaster
- kidney problems when clarithromycin is combined with a calcium channel blocker (amlodipine, etc)
- whether levonorgestrel emergency contraceptives (Plan B One-Step, etc) are effective in heavier women
- using ondansetron for morning sickness
- using SSRIs for depression and anxiety in children and adolescents
- "relaxation drinks"
- New lifestyle and obesity guidelines will help patients with New Year's resolutions to improve health and lower cardiovascular risk