Revised: June 2, 2016
What personal information do we collect from people who use our Services?
Information you provide us: We may collect information from you when you register for or use a Service, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or enter information via a Service. You may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other details to help you with your experience. Additionally, some Services require your license numbers and employee identification numbers.
Information we may automatically collect: When you use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our website, your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, and language and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage of and activity with our Services. Additionally, when you access our Services through a mobile device, we may automatically collect data about your device, such as geolocation (at the city level), device ID, type of device, operating system version and how you use our application, including pages you view.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect from you in various ways, including:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To develop, provide and improve our Services in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To manage and verify your account and the identity of users of the Services.
- To contact you when necessary about your account or your use of the Services.
- To send you information and promotional materials about our products and Services as well as our company in general.
- To submit continuing education completion information to the appropriate agencies, where supported, on your behalf.
- To comply with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services.
Additionally, we may combine automatically collected information with other information, including PII, we collect about you. We do this to improve Services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and Service functionality.
We will retain your information (including PII) for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our rights. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us at email@example.com.
How do we share your information?
We may share the information we collect in connection with the Services with the following third parties:
We may share your personal information with our third-party distributors, vendors, suppliers and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Services, performing marketing or consulting services, assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications, and assisting with service processing and fulfillment functions. These third-party service providers do not use your personal information for their own marketing purposes.
Third-party analytics providers
We may also share your personal information with third parties that conduct marketing studies and data analytics, including Google Analytics. These third parties may combine your information with the information of other consumers for purposes of conducting these studies and/or analytics. You can read about how Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Transfer or assignment in connection with business transfers or bankruptcy
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- You have given us permission to share your information;
- We are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- It is required for the reporting of continuing education credit to appropriate licensing bodies;
- We believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights or those of other users of the Services, third parties or the public at large; or
- We believe that you have abused a Service by using it to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws or our terms and conditions.
We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances the third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities. All sensitive information you supply (such as credit card numbers, licensing information, and employee identification numbers) is encrypted during transmission via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- All payment card transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure; as a result, we cannot guarantee absolute security. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. TRC has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How are “cookies” or “tracking technologies” used?
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by us and our marketing partners, affiliates, and analytics and service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities using the Services and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
What about third-party links?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may link to third-party websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Services and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How should you contact us?
Therapeutic Research Center
3120 W. March Lane
Stockton, CA 95219