Two new proton pump inhibitors will soon hit the market
Two new proton pump inhibitors will soon hit the market...Aciphex (rabeprazole, Janssen) and Protonix (pantoprazole, Wyeth).
These will be similar to Prilosec and Prevacid.
One advantage is that Protonix will come in an injectable form.
Table of Contents
- new SYNTHETIC conjugated estrogens tablet called Cenestin
- restrict the use of Rezulin (troglitazone) for diabetes
- new cytochrome P450 drug interactions
- whether aspirin reduces the efficacy of ACE inhibitors
- Drinking tea might reduce the risk of MI
- Lamisil (terbinafine) CREAM will soon switch from Rx to OTC
- stronger warning not to use Rebetron during pregnancy
- metformin (Glucophage) to treat some of the metabolic complications of HIV treatment
- Panretin (Pan-RET-in, alitretinoin) gel, the first TOPICAL treatment for Kaposi's sarcoma
- Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for generalized anxiety disorder
- best treatment to help people stop smoking
- Viagra (sildenafil) is effective for WOMEN
- new OTC monitor called the ClearPlan Easy Fertility Monitor
- some patients feel better when they're given BOTH levothyroxine (T4) AND triiodothyronine (T3)
- lots of hype in the news about Cellasene
- NADH (Enada), an OTC supplement that's being promoted for chronic fatigue syndrome
- High-dose ranitidine (Zantac) usually ISN'T more effective
- Two new proton pump inhibitors will soon hit the market
- Cytochrome P450