There's a lot of talk about the "nocebo effect."
Nocebo is the Latin word for "I will harm."
Think of it as the opposite of the "placebo effect."
Table of Contents
- new guidelines for PREVENTING type 2 diabetes
- ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers are especially beneficial for preventing stroke
- More patients will be taking Plavix (clopidogrel)
- continuing statins when patients are hospitalized for severe chest pain
- latest thinking on treating osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- current vaccine shortages
- Lymerix is off the market
- link between homocysteine and dementia
- metformin can lower vitamin B12 levels
- stronger warnings about Actos and heart failure
- confused about the "sugar-free" candies marketed to patients with diabetes
- new concerns about the safety of Meridia (sibutramine)
- natural weight loss products
- nocebo effect
- Claritin will soon go OTC