new Fosamax (alendronate) tablets for ONCE-A-WEEK dosing
Merck will soon market new Fosamax (alendronate) tablets for ONCE-A-WEEK dosing.
The new tabs come in two strengths...35 and 70 mg.
The 35 mg tab is for patients on 5 mg/d to PREVENT osteoporosis.
Table of Contents
- Many patients with renal insufficiency SHOULD be getting an ACE inhibitor
- treat cold sores with a new OTC cream called Abreva (docosanol)
- there WILL be enough flu vaccine to go around this season
- Glucophage XR, a new extended-release metformin tablet for once-a-day dosing
- new Fosamax (alendronate) tablets for ONCE-A-WEEK dosing
- treating osteoporosis in MEN
- Lead contamination in calcium supplements
- ban the use of phenylpropanolamine in OTC products
- Colace liquid (docusate sodium) works better than Cerumenex to loosen ear wax
- Mercury thermometers will soon be a thing of the past
- Qvar beclomethasone inhaler for asthma
- inhaled steroids DON'T affect LONG-TERM growth in children
- More patients are now candidates for ACE inhibitors
- Lescol XL 80 mg, a new higher-strength fluvastatin tablet
- new herbal product for prostate cancer called PC-SPES (pea-see spehz)
- which psychotropics to give women during pregnancy
- Lunelle, a new INJECTABLE contraceptive
- Pepcid Complete, the first H2-blocker and antacid COMBO for heartburn