You'll see two new HIV meds
You'll see two new HIV meds...Videx EC and Trizivir.
They aren't brand-new drugs...just new dosage forms.
Videx EC is a new enteric-coated didanosine (ddI) capsule.
Table of Contents
- take phenylpropanolamine off the market
- shortage of ADULT tetanus-diphtheria vaccine
- Tamiflu is approved to PREVENT flu
- You'll see two new HIV meds
- Lotronex (alosetron) off the market
- Colazal (KOL-a-zal), a new drug for ulcerative colitis
- more aggressive treatment of patients with intermittent claudication
- increasing potassium to lower the risk of hypertension and stroke
- monitoring patients more closely for hypokalemia
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is useful for treating lupus
- testosterone for women
- more focus on lowering POSTPRANDIAL glucose
- new study suggests that glyburide can be used for treating gestational diabetes
- Novantrone (mitoxantrone) for multiple sclerosis
- Lovenox (enoxaparin) is now approved to prevent deep vein thrombosis in certain MEDICAL patients
- new low-molecular-weight heparin called Innohep