an alternative to Rowasa (mesalamine, 5-ASA) suppositories
Ulcerative colitis patients will soon be able to get an alternative to Rowasa (mesalamine, 5-ASA) suppositories.
Rowasa suppositories have been out of stock...due to dissolution problems.
The shortage will last at least 2 to 4 more months.
Table of Contents
- spironolactone (Aldactone) is beneficial for heart failure will change prescribing habits
- another new "glitazone" for type 2 diabetes, Actos (pioglitazone)
- Fosamax (alendronate) is now approved for treating osteoporosis in men or women taking chronic glucocorticoids
- Relenza (zanamivir), a new INHALED antiviral for influenza
- endotoxin-like reactions in patients given IV gentamicin
- just TWO DOSES of nevirapine (Viramune) can reduce the risk of transmitting HIV
- Dietary supplements containing L-arginine are now being promoted for sexual dysfunction
- Oral prednisone is as effective as IV methylprednisolone for treating acute asthma
- asthma patients being discharged from the ER should get both oral AND inhaled steroids
- Children with asthma tend to have a higher risk of cavities
- an alternative to Rowasa (mesalamine, 5-ASA) suppositories
- starting to prescribe ORAL ivermectin for scabies
- Some commonly-used drugs can cause alopecia
- STOP giving RotaShield, the new rotavirus vaccine for diarrhea
- reduce or eliminate thimerosal as a preservative in pediatric vaccines
- potential interactions with HERBS in patients on digoxin
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database to the printer
- new option for emergency contraception, called Plan B