Hepatitis C Check, the first home test kit for hepatitis C
The FDA just approved Hepatitis C Check, the first home test kit for hepatitis C.
Patients mail a small blood sample to a lab for the usual screening and confirmation tests...and get results in about a week.
This new test comes at a good time.
Table of Contents
- new med for type 2 diabetes, Avandia (rosiglitazone)
- withdrawal symptoms after stopping an antidepressant
- whether Aricept (donepezil) or vitamin E can PREVENT or delay Alzheimer's
- Vioxx (rofecoxib), a new COX-2 inhibitor
- possible interaction between Celebrex and warfarin
- possible risk of serious infection with the new rheumatoid arthritis drug, Enbrel (etanercept)
- MSM, a new supplement that's being widely promoted for pain and arthritis
- Nizoral A-D, the first OTC ketoconazole shampoo for dandruff
- prescribe Amoxil BID for children
- large increase in clonidine poisonings in children
- new conjugated pneumococcal vaccine that's being tested for INFANTS
- more aggressive treatment of dyslipidemia to prevent heart disease in WOMEN
- two new margarines that actually help LOWER cholesterol
- DRUG therapy to help patients reduce or stop drinking
- Vivelle-Dot, a tiny new estrogen patch
- single-dose fluconazole during early pregnancy isn't likely to cause birth defects
- Hepatitis C Check, the first home test kit for hepatitis C
- some HIV patients can STOP taking drugs to prevent two opportunistic infections
- hear a lot about pharmacogenetics