LOTS of interest now in "phytoestrogens"
There's LOTS of interest now in "phytoestrogens."
Phytoestrogens are estrogen-like substances found in plants...soybeans, flaxseed, black cohosh, etc.
Lots of women are adding these to their diet...as a "natural" alternative to estrogen replacement therapy.
Table of Contents
- Several levothyroxine products are bioequivalent to Synthroid
- New product for smoking cessation called Zyban
- LIFE-THREATENING rashes with the anticonvulsant, Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Raising doubts about the use of sliding scale insulin regimens in hospitalized diabetics
- Warning not to be too aggressive in lowering blood sugar in young children with diabetes
- Alesse (pronounced "A-less")
- Most women taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT) will live longer
- LOTS of interest now in "phytoestrogens"
- Opioids for chronic nonmalignant pain
- Hepatotoxicity due to acetaminophen dosing errors
- Tilade (nedocromil) inhalers will be used more often in CHILDREN with asthma
- Pharmacies will soon be selling OTC drug testing kits
- OTC HAIR test for illicit drugs, PDT-90
- Warning people about the popular street drug GHB (gamma hydroxybutyrate)
- Keep up with all the street drugs
- Ibuprofen is more effective than acetaminophen for children's migraines
- Higher INITIAL dose for Imitrex (sumatriptan) tablets
- Imitrex Statdose Pen, a new injection device for sumatriptan
- Rescriptor (delavirdine), another antiviral for HIV
- Whether physicians should be able to recommend marijuana for medical purposes