some patients accidentally overdosing on their methotrexate
There is still a problem with some patients accidentally overdosing on their methotrexate.
The problem stems from the fact that methotrexate is used DAILY to treat cancer...but often WEEKLY for most other conditions...rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, etc.
Some patients who are supposed to get once WEEKLY dosing end up taking it DAILY along with their other meds. This can lead to life-threatening toxicity...liver damage, bone marrow suppression, and GI bleeding.